OpenSearchServer 1.3 is now available for download
Category : Tech News
A new release of OpenSearchServer is available for download.
OpenSearchServer is a Java open source search engine and crawler based on Lucene and Tomcat. The crawler can index database tables, filesystems or crawl webpages from the internet or local network.
The latest version of OpenSearchServer, version 1.3 can be downloaded from Sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/opensearchserve/files/Stable_release/1.3/
After downloading OpenSearchServer, the setup takes moments and you can be indexing your data straight away. The new updates to version 1.3 are:
- Phonetic search and geographical search
- REST/JSON API and SOAP Webservice
- OCR integration for PDF and pictures
- Join queries
- Video indexation from YouTube, Dailymotion and Vimeo based on APIs
- Tag boost in HTML parser and data extraction through regular expression
- XSL support and XML data upload
You can also use OpenSearchServer on your WordPress blog by installing the plugin available from http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/opensearchserver-search/
Leave a Reply