Proxmox 2.3 is now available!
Category : Tech News
- update qemu-kvm to 1.4.0
- extend memory GUI to support ballooning
- implement auto-ballooning
- add HD resize feature to expand disks
- update to latest Debian version 6.0.7
- qcow2 as default storage format, cache=none (previously raw)
- KVM64 as default CPU type (previously qemu64)
- e1000 as default NIC (previously rtl8139)
- task history per VM
- Node Summary: added “KSM sharing” and “CPU Socket count”
- enable/disable tablet for VM on GUI without stop/start of VM (you can use vmmouse instead, for lower CPU usage, works on modern Linux and on all Windows VMs as long as you install the vmmouse drivers)
See the Proxmox Wiki post for more details of the update.
For any 2.x version of Proxmox, you can update via apt-get by using the below commands in a terminal. Before updating, make sure all your VM’s have been stopped. Run the below commands on each server in your cluster.
Restart all Proxmox servers to complete the installation.